Instructions on how to change the default homepage in your browser are listed below. The default homepage is the page that loads automatically when your browser opens:
Microsoft Internet Explorer :
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on ‘Tools‘ and then select ‘Internet Options‘.
- On the ‘General‘ tab you will see the ‘My Homepage‘ section
- Replace the current web address with your required hompage (e.g http://www.google.ie)
- Click ‘Apply‘ and then ‘OK‘. Your default homepage is now updated.
- Open Firefox, go to the ‘Tools’ menu from the toolbar and select Options.
- On the ‘Main’ tab, ensure ‘Show my Home Page’ is selected as shown below and enter your required home page as shown.
- Click ‘OK’. Your default home page is now set.
- Open the Safari Browser window and click on edit from the menubar and then select ‘Preferences’
- On the ‘General’ tab delete the entry under the home page section and replace with your desired home page (e.g http://www.google.ie) as shown below.
- Close Preferences. Your home page should now be set.
Opera Browser :
- Open the Opera browser.
- Select the ‘Tools’ menu and then ‘Preferences’
- On the ‘General’ tab, enter the desired home page address (e.g http://www.google.ie) in the field marked ‘Home Page’ as shown below.
- Click ‘OK’ and your desired home page should now be set.
For other browsers, please check their Home page.
Most Popular Posts:
- Engenius Router Configuration
- Configure Belkin Wireless Router
- LAN Connections – Windows 2000
- “The webpage you are trying to open is currently unavailable because you are working offline”
- LAN Connections – Windows 7
- Email Server settings
- LAN Connection – Windows Vista
- My wireless connection keeps dropping?
- Changing channels on your Engenius router
- Can’t connect to the Internet?
- Configure your LAN connection
- Why do I get “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”